* For more information about these policies and procedures, please review our Parent Handbook.
The basis of discipline in a Christian school is love and forgiveness. Disciplining actually involves discipling, or teaching children to follow Christ's example of love and forgiveness. Positive guidance, as described below, is practiced by the teachers and volunteers to create a safe and loving environment for your child and others.
Positive Guidance is Preventative
- Staff members are encouraged to point out the positive in each child's behavior
- We set limits for the children
- To ease transition from one activity to another, we warm of approaching change to prepare fo a varying procedure or schedule
- We state directions positively and expectantly
- We try to anticipate possible problems and redirect as necessary
Positive Guidance Confront Misbehavior
- When disobedience and other offense occur, we explain the sin and offer opportunities for confession and forgiveness.
- We remind children that God forgives and still loves us, so do parents and teachers.
- It is essential that we let the child know that we love him or her as a child of God, but that a particular behavior is not acceptable.